- Major segment especially long-haul and honeymoon travellers
Direct marketing & trade co-op marketing
Social media engagement
- School leavers go long-haul “Gap Year” travelling. Many looking for tropical, soft adventure, cultural experience.
- Segment also includes travellers heading to Australia and New Zealand.
- Samoa’s beach fale and small beach resorts well placed to attract this market.
- Identify product and collaborate with youth trade, social and other digital and print media to promote Samoa as a round world stopover or side trip as part of Gap Year itineraries that include Australia and/or New Zealand.
- Entry of hotel brands such as Starwood and Warwick into Samoa, present an opportunity to attract top-end clientele looking for a unique tropical experience.
- STA UK/Europe and Samoa work with major chains sales teams as they come online to ensure launch campaigns are aligned to other STA activities in UK/Europe.
Published Thursday, 25 February 2016