- Many visitors from American Samoa travel to Samoa without being “sold” on the destination mainly as a family visiting friends and relatives.
- (almost 48% of all visitors for the past 5 years).
- Focus to be on “stimulate” rather than “generate”.
- The aim of continued marketing efforts should therefore concentrate on feeding the market with ideas and regular stimulants.
Short Breaks (Hop-on-Over)
- With frequency of flights and proximity, ideal for the short-break market.
- Develop fun activity weekend and shortbreak products with value add (i.e. weekend’ Discover Samoa’ card).
- Align advertising promote ‘Hop on Over’ fun and activity product.
- Many visitors from American Samoa identify themselves as transit visitors
- With Faleolo Airport gateway to other destinations opportunity exists to capture these visitors for a day or two.
- Identify and work with plant to produce stop over bundles to encourage transit visitors to stop over for another day.
Published Tuesday, 23 August 2016