First Samoa Tourism Awards recognize Excellence
The Inuagural Samoa Tourism Excellence Awards 2017 which was held at Taumeasina Island Resort on Saturday, 7th January has been hailed a tremendous success.
The evening was officially opened by Prime Minister , Hon. Tuilaepa Fatialofa Lupesoliai Dr. Sa’ilele Malielegaoi.
The judges for the different categories involved more than 11,000 visitors who were randomly interviewed and responded to the survey conducted at departure lounges over the period of 10 months in 2016.
The visitors have spoken. “The Awards is about acknowledging the finalists and the winners of the Tourism Excellence Awards, those who have been recognised by visiting guests for the memorable experiences that they have enjoyed on our shores,” said Tuilaepa.
“With the warmth and caring services offered to them by the tourism business owners and operators and staff members.
“Tourism is the mainstay of our economy and we have selected to continue progressing sustainable tourism as we have stated in the tourism sector plan and vision that by 2019 Samoa will have a growing tourism sector.
“The Awards will encourage our tourism stake holders to champion tourism and hospitality objectives of the Samoa Tourism Strategy 2016- 2020 and promote a nation pride and smile.”
The Awards were divided into 12 categories and the winners are:
1. Best Car Rental - Blue Pacific Car Hire
2. Best Taxi Service - Magik FM Taxis
3. Best Elei Uniform - Ministry for Revenue
4. Best Airport Transfer - Aga Reef Resort
5. Best Bar & Hangout - The Edge Marina
6. Best Cultural Entertainment - Saletoga Sands Resort
7. Best Tour Operator - Coconuts Beach Club Resort & Spa
8. Best Attraction Site - Robert Louis Stevenson Museum
9. Best Restaurant - Paddles
10. Best Hygiene - Amoa Resort
11. Best Accommodation - Seabreeze Resort
12. National Tourism Excellence - Seabreeze Resort
The survey has begun for the second Tourism Excellence Awards in the beginning of next year.